Monday, December 28, 2009

My first car incident with UN vehicle at KBL-Jal Road

I was driving to learn the pros & cons of driving while i crashed my Suzuki Saraha with a high speed to UN vehicle, with out having diving licence. I wrote the following application to claim for my expenses on behalf of my brother while changing the driver as my younger brother had his driving licence.

Vehicle Incident Report
Name: Eimal
Address: Hootkheil, District 9, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Tel: 0772038388 or 0797273972

To: UNAMA Compound
Kabul-Jalalabad Road, Kabul, Afghanistan.


To Whom It May Concern:

I am applying to claim my expenses on my car as a result of the UNAMA‘s vehicle crash on December 22, 2009 at 03:20-25PM on Kabul-Jalalabad Road.

Background of the Incident:

I was driving on my right side road, coming from East. While a UNAMA vehicle coming on Kabul-Jalalabad Road from West, Kabul city towards UNAMA compound trying to make a U-turn left to get to other road on UNAMA side without considering our car going on the road and the other car already parked there.

Seeing UN driver’s haste, I slowed down to let the UN vehicle move but the UN driver stopped for seconds and immediately moved ahead on the road causing cars’ crash. Guards and other visitors who had watched the incident told the UN driver verbally that he could have waited for a second so, that the incident would not have happened.

After the incident, UN investigation team arrived and checked the incident, asking me to take the car out of the place so that the road will not be blocked for traffic. The team told me to bring receipts along the application for the damages to the UNAMA office for further process. So, I have attached the receipts which include parts damages like Hood, Grilles, Header/Nose panel, head light and wages of the mechanics for repairs & color. The total cost is 34,300AFS equals $705 USD. In addition, the details can be found in the receipts.

I hope the UNAMA‘s then mission in charge of the study would have prepared a biased incident report.


Sincerely,


Eimal

No comments:

Post a Comment