Friday, December 25, 2009

Afghan ID card/Tazkira

Due to the suicide assault on one of the parliamentarians home, closed to our offices that caused windows’ glasses smashed, file cabinets and wooden doors broken into parts. Everywhere was messed up with files, torn curtains and broken glasses, whereas some glasses were hanging on windows too.

On this sudden occasion the Executive Management of the office announced five days holidays which later on exceed to seven days. It was to stay out side the office till it is cleaned and repaired. To get advantage of these holidays, I got my degree registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and got Afghan Identification Card/Tazkira.

Getting an ID requires a lot of time and the process is not an easy job to follow. When I decided to get my ID, I needed to fill out form issues by the local administration authority and submitted to the Kabul Governor office for getting his assistant’s signature to proceed with the first stage. It took me an hour to get the Governor Assistant signature and upon return of the form from the Governor assistant I asked guidance for the next action. I was instructed to sign by two different sections within the Governor office, followed by, sending me to local representative leader/Malik’s signature where he would justify me as a residence of the district 9, Kabul City and then would require getting concurrence on the form from the Ministry of municipality. I went twice to the municipality of district 9 after the Malik’s harmony. Firstly, the officer within the municipality told me that he should write Malik to justify me as residence of the district and additionally, the municipality officer writing should be at the top while Malik had already written about me on the top at the back side of the form and this wasn’t looking good to the officer. He was thinking that writing at the top of the page shows superiority or was finding ways to get something. The officer was speaking in half tang and I was trying to convince him that either ways are fine as the purpose is the same “to get yours and Malik’s acceptance on the form”. After talking a lot another roommate at the same office told me that he wants you to pay him which I didn’t. So, I went back to Malik and told him that the municipality Officer wants you to write under his text on the form. During my presence with the Officer in municipality, the administrator officer with who I was standing, insisted other officers that it is not good to ask about the money in front of all when one of the officers told others (while looking to my residency in the form) that this guy’s residency shows that they don’t pass through what we are asking him. They were all friends apart from me and were laughing when they all heard this, looking to me as they knew that I won’t pay.

Subsequently, I got the officer’s signature the following day as I was late that day. I went back to the Provincial Governor office to get the form completed. The officers there were more intelligent and were pointing flaws which really were not that I was laughing with myself and sometimes I was getting surprise that whom am I caught by. There I knew that with out paying them bribe, neither I nor the Governor could solve this problem. They were finding slip up in the text and I was finding solutions but a stag came where I couldn’t find any solution and even there wasn’t any solution for the questions. Therefore, I decided to pay them some additional money and get ride off the process. I paid only 350AFs including the registration fee and got my ID. I thanked the officer as I was already too late and got outside the office looking to my ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment